Our courses for overseas teachers are tailor-made for groups bookings.
We can develop a course to suit the needs of a particular group. The course length could be anything from 3 weeks to 6 months.
A typical timetable is usually from 20 to 25 hours a week with lessons taking place in the day time between 9am and 5pm.
The course can include a combination of the following:
- Development of English language and communication skills in a professional context
- English Language Teaching Methodology
- British Culture
- Educational and cultural visits
You can find more information about these areas below. We are also currently looking at incorporating the Cambridge ESOL Test of Knowledge for Teachers (TKT) into our courses.
The actual balance of these is negotiated and may be affected by the course participants':
- Professional background
- Language level
- Areas of interest
Development of English Language and Communication
This can include the following:
- Overview of language awareness including meaning, form and use
- Development of listening and speaking skills (including presentations)
- Awareness of register, appropriacy and different varieties of English
- Development of vocabulary and contemporary vocabulary
English Language Teaching Methodology
This can include:
- Approaches and models in language teaching
- Developing skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) in the classroom
- Teaching pronunciation
- Classroom management
- Analysis of teaching resources
Possible topics are:
- The education system
- Family and work life
- Free time
- Young people in Britain
Education and Cultural Visits
The programme can include visits to places such as Oxford, London, Bath, Stratford. Depending on the time of the course, it may also be possible to include visits to educational institutions and schools.
Assessment and Certification
The course can include both written and spoken assessments. Particpants also receive a course certificate of attendance and a report at the end of the course.
We can arrange accommodation in homestay. You can find information about this here LivingInTheUK.aspx
How to apply
If you would like more information about these group courses please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .