Council is the University's governing body and is responsible for the educational character and mission of the University, the approval of annual estimates of income and expenditure, the appointment of senior staff, and the Articles of Association (revised September 2011) that set out the formal governance arrangements of the University.
Council currently comprises 18 members:
- 14 external members;
- 4 members from the University community, including the Vice-Chancellor, representatives for both academic and support members of staff, and the President of the Students' Union.
Council members are required to declare any interests on appointment and during their term of office. If you wish to view the register of interests, please contact Penny Gravestock, Assistant Secretary to Council on 01242 714184.
Council and its Committees
Council has created the following committees to assist in its work:
- Audit Committee
- Employment Policy Committee, and Council, Trades Unions & Managers Consultative Committee
- Governance and Nominations Committee
- Honorary Awards Committee
- Remuneration Committee
- Finance and General Purposes Committee.
Chairs and Officers of University Council and Council Committees
For further information please contact:
Academic Registrar and University Secretary: Julie Thackray
For general enquiries relating to Council, please contact:
Assistant Secretary to Council
University of Gloucestershire
Tel: 01242 714184