Studying and living in a different country involves a lot of preparation and getting used to different situations, but we are here to help you.
Before you arrive we can help you by:
- Sending letters or papers you need for visa applications
- arranging accommodation and sending you information about this
- sending details of how to get to us when you arrive in the UK
- arranging for a taxi to collect you from the airport
- giving you an emergency contact number in case of any problems.
When you arrive, we will support you and help you relax and enjoy your time here by:
- taking you on a tour of the campus and its facilities
- taking you on an orientation of the area
- providing a welcome pack of information about studying and living in Cheltenham
- helping you to open a bank account or to register with the police
Our courses are not just about studying, but also about experiencing life in the UK.
You will have the opportunity to:
- participate in social activities with other CILC students
- participate in social activities with other International students studying at the University
- make use of the university's facilities
We know that where you stay is very important when deciding to study overseas.
We can help you organise your accommodation before you arrive. We have different types of accommodation available, all of which are regularly inspected to ensure that they are:
- include a table for private study
- have access to laundry services
- have access to a bathroom with a bath or shower
Please choose which type of accommodation you would like on the application form. We will try and meet your requirements. However, if we cannot do this, we will let you know before you travel. We do not place speakers of the same language together in a house unless you specifically ask for this.
Types of Accommodation
Homestay Accommodation - This is where you live and eat with the host. The maximum number of students in any house is three. Meals are half board Monday to Friday and full board at the weekends. £125 per week.
Private Home Accommodation - You live in a house, but may have less contact with the host and may be self catering. There may be more than three students in these houses. Private Home £125 per week, self catering from £75 to £125 per week.
Residential Accommodation - You live in a single room in student hall of residence. This is self-catering (no meals) and only available in July and August. This may be on or within walking distance of the Park Campus. Price from £120.00 per week.
Please note we charge a £25 placement fee each time we arrange accommodation for you, full details of the fees for accommodation and our terms and conditions can be found here.