Welcome to Cheltenham International Language Centre, known as CILC (pronounced silk).
Part of the University of Gloucestershire, CILC is based at the Park Campus in Cheltenham. We have been home to international students of English since the 1980's and we have an excellent reputation for our teaching and the support we offer to all our students.
We offer high quality teaching in a relaxed, friendly environment. Our courses include
- General English
- Examination Preparation for IELTS and Cambridge First Certificate
- Pre-sessional pathways to university study
- Business English
- British Culture
We're very proud of our courses which are well structured with clear aims and progress assessments.They are also flexible and centred around you - the student. Our experienced teaching staff and excellent teaching resources and facilities will give you all the academic support you need.
It's also important to enjoy yourself outside the classroom. Studying with us, you can meet students from other countries as well as have the opportunity to meet British students studying at the University. You can also join the social actvities and excursions organised by CILC and the University's international team.
Studying in a different country can take a lot of preparation and we will do all we can to help you before you arrive and during your course. Our student support team can help with your course and visa application and will try to give you any other support you need.
- You must be 18 or above to study with us
- The maximum number of students in a class is 15 for our General English and Examination courses and 20 for our Pre-sessional courses
- Lessons take place in the day between 9am and 5pm
- Full time courses (15 hours a week) are in the morning
- Full time intensive courses (20 hours a week) are in the morning and three or four afternoons a week
- Part time courses take place in the afternoon
- If you have a student visa you must study a full time course
- All courses use course books which are included in the course fees
- At the end of your course you receive a course report and a certificate
- You can study for a minimum of three weeks and a maximum of two years
Information about Fees and Dates
- You can find information about the fees and dates on the course pages on the left
- If you study for a full term or course, the fee is cheaper
- There are fees for students from outside the European Union (Non EU) and for students from the European Union (EU)
- Fees for part time courses are the same for EU and non EU students
- There are discounts if you study for for longer than a full term
- Course fees include tuition, a coursebook, a welcome pack, a university identity card, use of computer rooms, the internet, and the learning centre
- The student identity card allows you to pay a discounted price on Stagecoach buses in Cheltenham
There is a registration fee of £55 which is non refundable.