Erasmus students will need to have a good level of English in order to cope with academic study in the UK. We reccommend that students should have an English level equivalent to the Common European Framework (CEFR) level B2.
You will need to send evidence of your English language ability with your application. We will accept any of the following documents:
- IELTS - overall score of 6.0
- Pearson Test of English - grade 55
- TOEFL (IBT) - overall score of 90
- Cambridge First Certificate - grade B
- IGCSE / GSCE English - grade C
- Letter of recommendation from your University's language centre, or an Academic Staff Member confirming you have an English level of CEFR level B2 or higher
If you want to study English as part of your learning agreement, there are a number of modules available in English for Academic Purposes and Academic Writing. You can find more information here.