Updated statistical information relating to people who share a protected characteristic studying at working at the University. Statistical equality information available in detail for 2009/10 academic year and preliminary information for 2010/11.
Updated Harassment and Grievance procedures for staff taking in to account the new protected characteristics and aspects of the Equality Act 2010.
Harassment and Bullying procedures
Staff training and development
"New" Equality & Diversity online training - this course aims to develop your awareness of diversity in the workplace. The course will take about an hour. Only staff members can access this course and the instructions are as follows:
- Type your first name and surname in this format: FRED.BLOGGS
- Type your password - password1
- Supporting faith needs This course aims to develop your awareness of staff and students' faith needs, how they can be supported by the University, and how essential those needs can be.
- Communicating across cultures This course will focus on developing awareness of the needs of international students and staff, including understanding and respecting cultural differences.
- Understanding and supporting the needs of disabled students This session is designed to help tutors to positively explore the wide range of disabilities that exists within our student community, and to give a greater understanding of how to best and appropriately support them.
Contact the Staff Development team in HR for more details or if you have any queries.